Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kitchen Action

I didn't think there was going to be much going on in my kitchen today other than breakfast - made by Pastor Husband, not by me. He wakes up way too early for me to get up and make food. So, usually, he gets up and makes enough oatmeal for himself and Baby Girl. Lunch wasn't at home either because there was a chicken bowl fundraiser after church. We were raising money for the young adults' retreat.

**Pastor Husband just confessed! He used one of Baby Girl's frozen fruit cubes for his own oatmeal! Haha, I told him he was going to have to tell Baby Girl about it.**

After that, once we were home, we ALL took a three hour nap! Baby Girl would have kept on sleeping if I hadn't gone in there to wake her up. It was around 5pm when we all rolled ourselves from slumber and remembered that the world was still spinning. We decided to go grocery shopping and eat as cheaply as possibly at IHOP. A great thing about this place - kids eat free every day! Baby Girl might have had some pancakes and eggs. It was cute too because we just cut it nice and small and she ate it all by herself. Picking up one piece at a time. I almost cried.

We decided to go shopping tonight rather than tomorrow because I wanted to do that thing where you make ready-to-throw-into-an-oven meal for a friend of ours. She needs some help and I remember the days of working full-time and the last thing you want to do is make dinner after a long and no-good-very-bad-day. I can't imagine doing that while pregnant and raising two young boys. I took on the challenge of making four meals, none of which take any type of cream-of-anything soups. For about an hour my kitchen had chopping, boiling, and measuring. Here are the results: Cilantro Lime Chicken with Corn and Black Beans, Pineapple Chicken, "World's Best Chicken", and Garlic Lime Chicken. Thank you to "Pretty Providence" for your easy recipes!

Baby Girl's e-ticket ride.

The beginning of the action!

My Autumn centerpiece until we eat them!!

After the action.






No comments:

Post a Comment