It's just amazing to be part of someone else's life and to watch them literally change and grow daily. You know you went through the same things yourself, but there is no memory with the exception of memories we somewhat make up ourselves by looking through old photographs. To be witness something, right before your eyes, it's like getting to watch miracles. It really is such a blessing.
Here are Baby Girl's "milestones" for the past few months:
- Walking! She just started, out of the blue, last night (29th). It wasn't just a few steps, it was a journey around the entire play yard area at the mall down the street from us. Amazing!
- Two top teeth started to come in and we noticed on the 18th.
- Standing for a long period of time (25th...Merry Christmas!).
- I think she's finally really saying "dada" and she looks for Pastor Husband when I ask her where Papi is.
- There's also a definite "d" sound when she sees a dog.
- Two naps have turned into one long afternoon nap.
- Knows the sign language motion for "food" and "more". We're trying to learn "thank you" right now.
- Blows kisses, waves bye, squints her eyes, and will sniff things when we tell her to.
- Loves to play "Ring Around the Rosie". That's my girl...loves a song about death!
- Cries as if her best friend died every time meal time is over.
- She likes rubbing her face into mine when I hold her so that I give her kisses.
- Loves to throw herself on Pastor Husband whenever he's on the ground. It makes her laugh and laugh.
- Her favorite show is still Pocoyo and also Rugrats.
- Loves to read just about every book she owns.
Baby Girl is growing up and it's so hard to believe that another one is along the way and we get to marvel at all of her/his tiny miracles as well. Sometimes it seems overwhelming, but I know it'll be amazing!