Saturday, December 22, 2012

Advent: Days 18-22

Day 18 Verses: Matthew 1.18-25
Day 19 Verses: Luke 1.39-56
Day 20 Verses: Luke 1.57-66
Day 21 Verses: Luke 1.67-80
Day 22 Verses: Luke 2.1-7

What a day today! It's finally ending with me in at the dining room table, blogging, and listening to Baby Girl gibber-gabber away to Pastor Husband as he gives her a bath. He takes such good care of her when he's home. He's a very hands-on, active daddy and she absolutely loves him! Pastor Husband even took her to run some errands this afternoon.

Today I have been one with my kitchen. So much so that I took a nap while still wearing an apron. Yeah. I started on what I am bringing to Christmas Eve - salsa, pumpkin cookies and Oreo truffles. The cookies and truffles will be made tomorrow. Today I made salsa and chips. It was my first attempt at salsa and I used the recipe from "One Particular Kitchen". So good! I only used 15 serrano chilies though because Pastor Husband can't stand the heat, but it still came out pretty dang hot, I think.

So, even after being in the kitchen all afternoon, I decided to make a family dinner and we had enchiladas and rice (I was feeling very brown today). In the enchiladas I put black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and shredded turkey. Baby Girl ate the same only minus the tortilla. She left her plate clean. Pastor Husband left his plate clean.

Food making was a success today!

Homemade salsa on homemade chips...yes, please!

After pulverization

I was watching an Ellen comedy special - here are the ingredients before roasting

Can't wait to massacre these ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment