Monday, October 22, 2012

Reading & Bedtime

Reading while in bed is probably my favorite thing to do in life! I love to do this during any time of the day, but I especially love reading at night. It's really fun when you have a great book and you read one more chapter, try to sleep, and then turn the light back on to keep reading. It's been awhile since that has happen, but I always hold out hope.

Now, since the nursing days are done, we have a new routine - Baby Girl and I...and Pastor Husband too! She usually has her last cup of milk about a half-hour before bedtime. Then we play or watch some Backyardigans. After that, when the time for bed has arrived, we sit together on our glider - either Baby Girl and I or Pastor Husband and Baby Girl - and read a couple of books. When I read to her, Baby Girl plays with her hair and turns the pages when it's time. It took awhile to teach her this part, but she now has the hang of it. I basically hold on to the pages and let it go when it's time to turn. She never misses a turn.

It's just a sweet, nice, quiet time that we get and Baby Girl seems to enjoy it too. It'll be a neat moment when she is able to read to me.

Here are some pictures from our day today at the park. Hope everyone else had a special Monday too!












No comments:

Post a Comment