Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What's In Your Sock Drawer?

I found $20 in Baby Girl's sock drawer. I think we may have a lunch date today!

I've been lazy and I'm sorry! I missed all of last week. I kept telling myself to do it, to just write, and I never did. I've been incredibly tired because I haven't been sleeping very well. Then I'm tired the next day and take a much longer nap than needed, which then equals to me not being tired when it's time for bed. So, I stay up, watching something, read something, or just toss and turn throughout the night. It's awful. Last night, I did manage to go to bed at 10pm and, I believe, fell right to sleep. I feel like a human being this morning.

I think I forgot to mention that I'm an aunt of twin, identical baby girls! We finally got to meet them yesterday. Too precious and so tiny. They're probably about the weight, maybe a tiny bit more, as Baby Girl was when she was first born. Around 6 lbs. 10 oz. I just don't remember her feeling so small. After holding one of them - I really never knew who I was holding - I picked up Baby Girl and she felt like a five year old in my hands. Perspective is a silly thing.

It was weird how automatic it was helping to take care of them during the day. I didn't hand the baby - we'll call her Baby Twin - off when she started crying. If a diaper change was needed I did it without thinking twice. Before Baby Girl came into my life the longest I had ever held a baby was probably under five minutes. I guess, just as a mom, you just do. You just do what needs to be done because that little baby deserves nothing but all the care and love in the world.

Baby Twin and Baby Twin :)

1 comment: