Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Baby Girl Talk

We went to Ohio last November for Thanksgiving where we visited family and friends who are family. Our friends-family has a daughter who is a few weeks younger than Baby Girl and she is a talker! So clearly too! Before this time Baby Girl didn't say much, just a few things, but she was just quiet. I was a little sad about this because I love it when kids go around singing made-up songs. It's one of my favorite things to hear.

Anyway, after that stay, Baby Girl took a hint from her friend and started talking! It was amazing and every day since she has some new word, phrase, or song to share.

Here are just a few Baby Girl-isms:

"I need you!" - this is to manipulate Pastor Husband and it works 99% of the time
"I fine" or "I okay"
"Cold-y, hot-y" - a lot of things end in "y" for Baby Girl
"Outside-side" - not sure why "outside" gets and extra "side"
"I up down" - upside down
"My hair is crazy" - I always say this about my own hair
"D'you like it?"
"Aaaah! Dragon!" - pointing at Baby Dos
"I can't" - we get this when she's moody and it's her answer to everything!
"Too!" - I love you too

We had a whole conversation about Good Friday and this is her version:

The bad guys got Jesus. The bad guys put a bad crown on Jesus. The bad guys made a fire (I don't remember this part of the story). They put him on a big cross. Jesus got stuck on the cross. Jesus died! (That part is complete with her spreading her arms out and hanging her head down).

We're not sure what happened on Easter because Baby Girl chose to sit in the corner and cry during children's church. Guess we'll have to wait till next year for the good news!

She loves to sing every song from "Frozen" and she has some song she made up and every once in a while I'll hear mom, dad, and Baby Dos' name in her lyrics. Baby Girl likes the song for the "Little People" commercial and sings along to the "...and I'm only human" part. She also sings along to the Sara Bareilles song "Brave".

Baby Girl is still a quiet, introverted child, but if you ask her the right question she can go on and on. It's fun to sit with her and have a conversation. I so enjoy those moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment