Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baby Boy...Nine Months Out!

You grew up this last week. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden you're crawling - instead of dragging your lifeless body behind you - clapping, eating snacks...my roly poly baby boy is growing up! You remind me of a roly poly because you're so round and compact. Last week at your check-up you were 19 pounds. Baby Girl wasn't 19 pounds until she was almost two years old! You are definitely the big-little brother.

You love your big sister so very much. The girl jumps and you laugh. A common thing she says to you is, "No, no, no Baby Boy" in her sweetest voice. This last a couple of times and then she just screams at you. There are those sweet, out-of-nowhere moments where she comes up to you and kisses you and even shares a toy or two.

Daddy loves you! Loves, loves, loves you! I remember when the doctor told me I was having a boy. Immediate tears of joy because I just knew you were going to be just like your daddy. So kind, loving, and a wonderful smile...and you've been smiling since day one. You really have. It's such a wonderful smile and it starts from early morning until about 6pm. After that, life is a little hard for you to get through, but it's okay because bedtime is at 7pm.

You have changed our lives. There is more laughing, playing, and definite learning. We have learned that just because you have had one baby does not mean you know what to do with a second baby, but you have made that process joyful with just a little bit of pain - due to the not sleeping through the night yet! You have had quite an interesting nine months of life and have slept under quite a few roofs so maybe that's why a full nights sleep has yet to occur.

You were born in Orange County (in the living room to be exact), spent New Year's in Mexico, lived with Great Ga for a couple of months, and have been in a hotel for the last 23 days! Don't worry - we'll be in our home, in the room you'll have for probably your whole life until you move out within the next week or so. This home will be where we'll get to watch you take your first steps, say your first words, drive your sister crazy, owies, first days of school, and I can't go any further than that because it makes me want to cry.

Baby Boy, I love you. I love you because you love to cuddle, rest your head on me, get so excited whenever you see Great Ga, Ga, and Daddy that your chubby legs go crazy and you start flapping your arms. You're going to fly any day now! I love you because you have your Daddy's blue eyes and his love for others. I love you because I can't believe God blessed me with a son whom I get to watch grow up into a godly man. I look so forward to your life (maybe I just look really forward to you sleeping through the night) and being a proud mama as I stand next to you, my son.


No comments:

Post a Comment