Friday, June 13, 2014

Because I'm a Pastor Wife!

So, I really wanted to start focusing on the life of a Pastor Wife, but I've yet to write about anything in regards to being a Pastor's wife. Why? I don't know...maybe I'm not brave enough or I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or make it sound like it's a horrible position. It isn't! It's actually pretty dang amazing!

However (and this is probably true with any type of wife out there) there are so many questions that come with being a Pastor's wife. One question that I constantly wrestle with and wonder if there really is an answer out there. I think it's also a question that most adults have...

Are you my friend?

Before getting married, having kids, and all that fun stuff I had friends and still have those same friends. It was just a natural thing. We either were in the same class, have known each other forever, went to the same church, and blahblahblah. Friendship. It was easy and there was no question with the exception of, "How did we become friends again?"

Now, it's so different. Maybe I'm just making it different? I'm not quite sure, but I always wonder if people are friendly to me because I am the Pastor's wife. Will we really be friends if we're in the same small group or is everyone else "forced" to like us because we're helping to lead the church. Did you really want to come up to me after church to chat or do you feel like you're supposed to?

Paranoia, anyone?

At the same time, I feel like being a Pastor Wife gives me the right away. I'm allowed to join whatever group, jump into any conversation, or invite anyone over because I am the Pastor Wife. Now, don't think I walk around feeling superior to all, but sometimes this way of thinking helps me to not be so introverted. Most Sundays I just want to hide in the very last seat in the sanctuary and run to the car once service is done. I don't do this and I remember what I've been called to be and I use that to help me talk to others, smile, and enjoy the company.

I guess, in the end, it really doesn't matter. We all get along - or try to get along - because we are all part of the body of Christ and our purpose is to love each other regardless of whether or not we are a Pastor wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment