Monday, September 16, 2013

Two Years and Counting!

Actually, I'm not counting because I can't believe Baby Girl is two years old! Plus a day to be exact. The first year did go by fairly quickly, but since it was just the two of us - for the most part - on a daily basis so I got to live out every one of her minutes with her. There were no distractions. Her second year of life, I was pregnant a month after she turned one and then Baby Dos came during the last couple of months. Plenty of distraction there! The second year definitely plays back to me in a blur.

Baby Girl is taking it all in stride. She really is. Whatever the day has coming, she takes it and throws it right back. Sometimes a toy gets thrown along with it with a couple of tantrums, time-outs, and getting sent-to-the-rooms. She is smart. Just a smart little girl (oh my gosh! I just called Baby Girl a little girl!). It's amazing to watch and hear her mind absorb and spit back out the information. Unless you're a teacher, you really don't get to be part of someone else's learning process. It's quite amazing and, again, just gives more credence to God's existence.

I have known for love to exist. "We love because he first loved us" (1 John 4.19 New International Version). I know it for marriage, family, and friends. With Baby Girl, I have become witness to a love that is from someone else for someone else. Does that make sense? I get to see others love Baby Girl. She really is wholly loved from so many and I can see why that is needed. Why it says in the bible that one of the greatest commandments is to love your neighbor. You do need God and others. We would not be able to fully be who we were created to be without the relationships that God gives to us. Baby Girl is going to be someone incredible with all the love she has surrounding her. For those God has brought to her, I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart (sing it, Stevie Wonder!).

Happy birthday, Baby Girl! You are a true joy and wonder. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment