Friday, January 10, 2014

Recent Adventures

Yes, I am still catching up from Christmas. All the decorations have finally come down and are in the respective boxes and the boxes are still in the dining room. Halfway there, right? Well, to finally put the holidays to a close, I am posting the last of our Christmas-holiday-fun pictures.

On December 23 we made our finally, all day trip to Disneyland and we have never seen Baby Girl so excited! Captivating speaks truth - there really is a princess in all of us and it'll bloom and mature as long as someone doesn't come along and smash that princess to bits. Baby Girl was in love with the princesses and she doesn't even really know who they are, but something inside of her just sings whenever she saw one of them. We decided to wait in the line for the princess meet & greet Disney has now and it was probably her favorite part of the day. Minnie Mouse may have come a close second, but it was during normal naptime hours so there was a tantrum before and after the picture. Baby Dos and I waited an hour for Mickey Mouse! Insane. We wanted to end our last trip with the fireworks, but they canceled last minute due to wind...boo. Other than that, it really was a fun day, good weather, lots o' people (so many the park closed), and I think Baby Girl had the most fun she's ever had there.
Next, we went to my college roommate's wedding out in Temecula. The couple lives out in New York (so lucky! with the exception of all the snow happening right now). It was so pretty, the whole wedding, and very thoughtful. Thoughtful to their guests, to each other, and to God. He wasn't lost in all the details. I love weddings that make Him the lead role because He is the one that gave us marriage. We should thank Him, loudly. This couple has done it right from the very beginning of their relationship and I'm thankful to know them. Oh, and the cake...the best wedding cake. Ever.
Finally, the last adventure of 2013 - Mexico. I'll admit, I am not a fan of Mexico. I never went much as a kid and I don't even know where in Mexico my family is from...we don't even speak the language! Probably one of the reasons why it's not on my top ten list of places to go. Thank goodness, Pastor Husband knows it like its his first language. Anyway, we went down to San Felipe because one of our friends was going and there's a family down there Pastor Husband is very close to from all his missionary work. It was a good trip and actually very restful. The babies slept through the night and took a nap each day, which means the adults got to take a nap every day too! We took one of our youth-turned-college-unofficially-adopted-daughter with us and I don't think she's had that kind of sleep since she started college. We ate and slept - my perfect kind of vacation. We also did many things that ended with, "Only in Mexico".

No comments:

Post a Comment