Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy Trails to Us!

I follow a few blogs and there have been a few Facebook friends who have moved within the last year, meaning 2013, and I've been a bit envious. Don't worry, God knows this and I've talked to him about it. I wasn't truly envious, my heart wasn't thumping to the little green monster's beat, but I just wondered what it was like to move a whole family to a new home where you plan to do life and raise the kiddies. Well, like I said before, God knows this and said, "Bam! Here you go!"

We're moving. In two weeks. Moving.

The process to get to this part went kind of slow and without any real direction, which is why the "Surprise, you're moving!" was definitely a baseball to the head.

Now, I don't know if this is the life of a pastor wife or just my life. I think, like Pastor Husband, most pastors want to find a church and make a home there. As much as I love the church we're at - only two Sundays left - but I also knew it wasn't forever. I don't know what this next church will be like...I give it all over to God. I  thought this whole moving thing would completely overwhelm me, but I pray each morning, as I think about what may or may not (more like not) get done, for grace and mercy to overwhelm me. Otherwise, my head would be gone, my children would be terrified of me, and Pastor Husband may forget he's married to me.

It's bittersweet. I'm excited to move because I actually enjoy packing and new places; however, I am going to miss the people. I "had" many children from this church - I always tell them I love them more than my own children because I didn't have to birth them. As Pastor Husband announced our goodbye our last five years of life flashed before my eyes.

I was looking for a church while I was at school, fully thinking this church would only be a school thing and I'd be back at my "home" church once I graduated. God had other plans. I was asked to help out and all these amazing teenagers punched their way into my heart and then the pastor asked me out on a date! We had our first alone-no-interruptions conversation in the sanctuary. We were betrothed under the same roof, Married. Pastor Husband announced from the stage when we were expecting Baby Girl and then Baby Dos. LIFE. Life has happened in that building...not just on Sundays either. I've had tears in my eyes whenever one of our kids were baptized or stood there and gave their testimony. I've met some of the wisest women. Women, I know, I'll never meet the likes of again.

God moves your life whether you want to admit it or not. You look back and remember the people that pulled you through, pushed you back up, and shoved you forward. They didn't get there by accident, my friends. The places and events. The glory goes to God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment