Tuesday, April 9, 2013

18 Months & 25 Weeks

Here we go! 

Baby Girl is sprouting two more teeth on the top row. She is throwing tantrums left and right, which made me check out the book The New Strong-Willed Child. I highly recommend it whether you have this type of child or not because Dr. Dobson just has some great ways to raise your child so that you're raising them to be adults and not giant adolescents. I've realized that Baby Girl is not his definition of strong-willed, but she is definitely in the mode of wanting her way or throwing a fit when she doesn't get it. Let's see...what else...

  • she howls like Loula from Pocoyo and it's the cutest thing ever
  • does the hand motions for "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"
  • she loves to spin and dance
  • I still find her at least once a day flipping through her books in her room
  • she loves to rub my belly especially when I wear my Beatles shirt (whoohoo!)
  • is in a forward-facing car seat - now that was a highlight! Baby Girl exclaimed, clapped, and dance the entire car ride.
  • oh yes, she still loves to eat!

Here are the stats for Baby Dos:
Total weight gain/loss: As of the last appointment (yesterday morning) I had gained 11 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes, please! 
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Not too bad unless my back is killing me then every time I turn I moan and groan
Best moment from this week: Watching my belly actually move when the baby moves
Miss anything: Not really
Movement: So much! Baby Dos didn't give me any of those subtle, butterfly movements. No, it went for unmistakable punches and kicks. There is no fooling around with this one.
Food cravings: Soda...I'm having at least one a day.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: I'm showing beyond what I was showing at this time with Baby Girl. 
Gender prediction: Boy (still my prediction!)
Labor signs: Nope. Although, I feel like this baby is ready to be born tomorrow.
Belly button in or out: Eh, the top is slightly out.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody: Happy
Looking forward to: My baby shower next month :)



No comments:

Post a Comment