Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Bread Made My Heart Burn!

I accidentally stole a thing of strawberries from one of my girls yesterday and I was very excited about it when I started unloading the stroller and found them! I bought some strawberries when I last went shopping and froze some for Baby Girl's smoothies, sliced some for fruit salad, and saved a few whole ones for myself. They were so yummy; however, we've been strawberry-less for a few days now and so this morning was quite sweet because Baby Girl got to have some in her Malt-O-Meal (I can't stand this stuff!), I ate a few, and I decided to use the rest for Strawberry Yogurt Cake - which I made into a bread instead.

You can find the recipe here: A Spice Perspective.

The only thing I really did different was the baking temperature. I had mine at 350 degrees and baked it for about 60 minutes. I didn't use Greek yogurt either. I stopped buying it because it's twice the price of regular yogurt. We used just simple, plain yogurt. I also probably put a bit over a tablespoon of lemon juice as well because I love baked goods with an actual taste of lemon, not just a hint of it. There were also almost two cups worth of diced strawberries.

I didn't do the glaze either, mostly because I forgot to take those ingredients out of the cabinet. The bread was fine without it and definitely sweet enough and I have proof - I ate a piece and proceeded to have heartburn for the next six hours! If there is one pregnancy symptom that just kills me it's the heartburn whenever I eat anything sweet or any kind of carb. I guess this means I'm done with carbs for the next four months. I did try a home remedy and it appears to be working: toothpaste. You just stick a dab in your mouth, swish it around, and swallow. The last ten minutes have been fairly painless. I'm a believer!


This is why I can't stand the stuff! It's such a mess! Cute, yes, but still a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment