Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Brother From Another Mother

Someone said that a long time ago when they walked into Stater Bros. and I have had it in my memory box ever since. Anyway, to let you in a bit on Pastor Husband, I will start off by saying that he is an introvert in extrovert clothing. Not to say that he is fake around people, but it does tire him out when he's around a lot of people for a long period of time; however, unlike me, he doesn't get all pouty, grouchy, or hide in a corner until it's all over. He genuinely cares about other people and their stories, which is why he is so good at making friends. His friends though are quite unique. For some reason, Pastor Husband, is awesome at making friends who don't speak English.

Since knowing Pastor Husband I now know people from all over the map. Our wedding was actually streamed so that all his ESL friends could be part of our ceremony!

Here's a list of our extended family:
Austria via England
Belgium
Brazil
Japan
Romania
Guatemala
Mexico

I think I've met most all of them face-to-face. Some have been in our bedroom via Skype...yeah, that's never strange. There's always some kind of language, accent, or new custom that I get to learn. It's all quite interesting.

Today, we had lunch with married Belgium friends. The husband is actually from Brazil and the wife is Turkish. She's four months pregnant with their baby boy. These wonderful people brought us chocolate - LOTS! - waffles, some kind of candy that tastes like violets (haven't tried them yet), and Turkish gummy candies that are rose, vanilla, and citrus flavor (these are very yummy).

I knew the rest of the world existed and it wasn't flat, but Pastor Husband has definitely expanded my horizons. I feel very international!

The stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment