Sunday, August 12, 2012

A WAY Too Early Quiet Moment

I've been up since 4:30 a.m. No bueno.

I've had this tight knot feeling at the top of my stomach. My stomach has been not happy this whole week. On Wednesday it (I) discovered food poisoning for the first time, which is just oh so much fun, and my stomach hasn't been the same since. There's a picture going around on Pinterest:
Right above the belly button, that's where my stomach has been hurting since yesterday. This picture drives me crazy because it doesn't just say "Shouldn't have had that third bowl of ice cream" or "Those ribs, yeah, they were bad" or "Playing paintball without padding was a stupid idea". No, right away it tells you that you're basically dying of something. So, what should I choose? Ulcer, Indigestion, Pancreatitis, Gallstones, of a hernia? Indigestion is the least of these so I'll pick that one for now. I'll let you know if I decide on another ailment later.

Moving on...other than the food poisoning lesson I learned this last week, I also learned another and that is, "Trust the Larger Story". There has just been some things happening within my little family unit and then then I received my monthly "Ransomed Heart" letter and that's exactly what it said:

"Trust the Larger Story" (John Eldredge).

So many things, events, tragedies, planned or unplanned happen in our lives. At one point I felt as if my life changed upon the changing of the hour BUT we can either let those things become your main focus, you can be engulfed in the drama, OR you can remember that despite any one thing that may occur YOU are still asked, invited even, to be part of a much larger story. It definitely puts life in perspective, gives it that push to keep moving forward, and softens the heart. Your heart, which is asked to love others even when they are doing the exact opposite to you. You can't have a loving heart if you're letting crisis determine your course.

One thing to remember about the Story is that there is the guaranteed happy ending. No worries on who prevails. We know the ending, "God wins!" as I've heard many pastors preach. The heartbreaks, tragedies, catastrophic events that felt endless - all that pain is gone. All those tears - gone. All that weakness - gone. All the hurt - gone. You have lived out your part in His Story and now, your ending, has you basking in His presence. You are now where you were originally meant to be this entire time.

...this was a longer post than usual. Thanks to those who kept on reading! I appreciate your time and if you would like click on that follow button to the side. It's fun to get to know others that way. Be back on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment