Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Happy Birthday Present Idea

With only one income the only guaranteed shopping I get to do is grocery shopping, which isn't a bad thing since I love the kitchen; however, this means creativity needs to happen for other types of shopping. 

Birthday shopping is not a must, but I like to give gifts when possible. Gma's (my mom) had her birthday a couple of weeks ago and I knew anything relating to Baby Girl as her present would be a winner. So, I decided to make something that had her face all over it. I came up with Baby Girl Magnets.


Baby Girl Magnets
What you need:
Tiny pictures (I used the "index card" you get when you order photos online)
Clear rocks
Mod Podge
Magnet strips

That's it! The best part about this project was that I already had everything with the exception of the magnets, but the roll I got was only $2 at Michael's. One thing I must say is that patience is key to this project. I started to panic after the a day had gone by and the glue still wasn't clear. It took a couple of days and maybe I used too much, but it did end up drying clear. Whew!

I also suggest putting the glue on the rock versus the picture. Then press the rock onto the picture, let sit to dry for a couple of days. The magnets I got are already sticky on the back so those just stick right onto the back of the picture.

  

The gift bag Baby Girl decorated.

Simple, easy, CHEAP!, and Gma loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment