Friday, July 20, 2012

What's Been Cookin'?

Yes, I have been cooking. Yes, Pastor Husband has been eating. Yes, Baby Girl is actually sharing dinner with us at times rather than having to eat her own baby food. I told her not to get used to it though because I made a ton and it will all end up in her belly. I've not been very good at these food posts, but food has found its way into our house and onto the stove or oven.

Here's a bit of what's been cookin':

The beginnings of Martha Stewart's Strawberry Bread.

Yes, that is a Martha Stewart whisk. She's sorta my hero.


Strawberry Bread!

May look like a murder scene, but it's actually a yummy dinner!
I have to write about the above because it came out so much better than I thought. This is an invention dinner. I needed some empty cans (and you'll see why below) so I had to open up a can of tomatoes. What to do with it? Stick in the Martha Stewart cast iron pot with some garlic, spices, and chicken. As a result you have a scrumptious dinner to go with some green beans (another can) and brown rice. Yum! Baby Girl got to share this dinner with us.

Sushi Food Truck ::drool:: "Please sir, may I have some more?"

Hello Can Cake!


Hello to my mini-tiered cake.
The Bday Girl with her cake.


Oh yeah, always working on bday stuff for the Baby Girl...only two months away!

I didn't take a picture of dinner tonight because it was not pretty, but it was yummy. There just wasn't any fun color to it other than the salad on the side. Basically it was chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and some stuffing. Pour all the stuff together and bake. Simple, kind of quick, and use one dish. Works for us!


2 comments:

  1. Aww I'm featured on your blog! What an honor!! :) The cake was DELICIOUS. :)

    ReplyDelete