Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Quiet Moment to Remember

I went on my first missions trip in 2008, right before starting my junior year at Vanguard University. We went to Guatemala and worked in Santa Maria de Jesus. It was life-changing and the first time I experienced love from another person where it's just given to you so freely and you question why. I never figured out why this young girl decided to choose me, but she did and I will forever be grateful for her and her love. I have experienced this type of love since then and it still astonishes me. 


Here is a picture of Chavalita - the first of my "girls". I'm not sure if I'll ever see her again, but I will forever love her.


Chavalita is in the center and (I think) Astrid is in the blue sweater. Unfortunately, the names are fading from my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment