Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Pinterest Dinner

Has Pinterest taken over your life yet? I absolutely love it and I try, at least when it comes to the recipes, to only pin things I know I'm going to make within this lifetime. I've done fairly well in making most of the pins on my "Experiments for the Kitchen" board. As for the rest of my boards...well, we will just have to wait on see.

Last night, for dinner, I made the "Life-Changing Macaroni and Cheese" along with the baked parmesan zucchini sticks. Both items on the plate were for Pastor Husband because neither of these things are my favorite. I'm not a cheese eater and I think I've mentioned before that I'm not much of a fan of zucchini. I ate it, Pastor Husband ate it, so I'm chalking up last night's dinner as a success.

You can find the cheesy noodle recipe from Todd Porter & Diana Cu's blog, "White on Rice Couple" - One Pot, Stove Top, Creamy Mac and Cheese – My decadent revolution. I do have to say that two of the best things about this dish is that it is quick and only takes one pot. Genius!

Zucchini sticks are from Alessandra's blog, "Healthy Adjustments". I didn't make the yogurt sauce, kind of wish I did. This recipe is a simple one as well. The only thing I didn't do was separate the egg yolks from the whites. No time when there is a baby on your kitchen floor vying for your attention. 

Here is the finished presentation:


No comments:

Post a Comment