Sunday, July 15, 2012

An EXTRA Early Quiet Moment

I woke up around 4am unsure of what day it was because Sunday always surprises me for some reason. Went back to sleep and then it was 5am. I decided to wake up because I really needed to pump (yay, for being a mommy!) and Pastor Husband told me to go back to sleep, but I can't...so, I'm up for the day. It's okay, Baby Girl and I usually get a nap in before church starts. 


I don't think it's the best application in the world, but I use You Version for my Bible on my phone. One thing I do like about it is the reading plans they offer. You can also set a reminder alarm to go off every day to remind you to actually read it. That alarm doesn't always work, unfortunately. This morning, I remembered on my own so I thought I would share it with you. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!



Proverbs 17:22

22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Finding the Fun
Want to hear a funny story? I've got a lot of them, and they come from things that happened in my ordinary, everyday life. Now, I wasn't laughing when those stories were in the making, but I'm glad I can laugh about them now.
For example, I didn't think it was funny when I couldn't get my hair to stay in place, but if you'd seen what I did about it, you certainly would have laughed. It wasn't amusing when I tried to make clothes, especially for the people who had to wear them. And I was so irritated when Dave threw paper towels over the grocery store aisle at me, but I realize now, he just knew how to have a little fun no matter what he was doing. I'm glad I've learned to look at times like these and see the humor in them.
Now I know that not everything in life is necessarily enjoyable, but I think we all need to learn to have more fun in our lives. And I bet if you took time to think about it every day, you could find a moment that brought you joy or you can laugh about now.
God wants His children to have some fun. The Bible says a merry heart does good like medicine. I think we all need a healthy dose of laughter every day - many times during the day. You just can't overdose on joy!
I encourage you to deliberately look for something to smile or laugh about every day, and be sure to share a smile or a laugh with someone else and brighten their day too!
Prayer Starter: Lord, Your Word says that a cheerful heart is like good medicine. Thank You for helping me to find the joy and fun in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment