Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nine Months Out!

Baby Girl you have been smiling since the beginning. You're also quite notorious for other faces you make...some very serious and some that could inflict death if possible. However, on my most days, we see your smile and hear your laugh. The serious look is around when you are in a new environment and you're observing and taking in everything. I'm sure something is being worked out into that ever-expanding brain of yours. I thank you for the many months of smiles you've given me.

There are so many times when I have no idea what I am doing or, I guess, what you need me to do. I just pray that there are more good moments than bad and those good moments are the ones that stick with you. What does Jesus tell us? Love God and love others. I do love you Baby Girl and I hope that stays with you and is completely evident in our family. 

You have hit so many milestones! Most of them, not in any book. You may not crawl or walk, but you stand and it makes you so happy when you stand like a big girl. No teeth either, but eating, I believe, is your favorite hobby. You also have a crazy love for prune juice. You can have that all on your own! Let's see, you have also gone international, we actually just got back from Mexico. There was a ride on a yacht. A stay in Dana Point, Big Bear - where your first Christmas was a white Christmas. Disneyland, swimming lessons, pictures with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I cooked my first turkey for your first Thanksgiving. You also have so much love from so many people. Some of those people you see all the time, at least once a week, if not more. Some of the people have only seen you through their computer. That's right Baby Girl, you have gone viral! You have love from all over the world.

God has already used your life in so many ways. If you could actually talk I believe you would have told me that you have already given your life over to Him. I pray that you will continue this way of living and I'm excited for all that will come next. He has, through you, shown me what it truly means to give your life over to Jesus. It's not just a different mindset, it's an all over reboot! A committed reboot! I have learned a new type of strength and patience. I have learned, not necessarily a new type of love, but I think I'm getting that much closer to true love.

Your daddy and I love you so very much to the point where we sometimes get teary-eyed as we day-dream about your future. It all happens so quick. Nine months just came and went and now you're sleeping and we're diving into the ninth month with the tenth just around the corner! You have added to our life, but in such a natural way that you don't feel like an addition. You feel like you were always here. I have no idea what the future actually holds or where we may be - with your dad, life is very much the adventure - but as long as you are here with us and we are here with you, it's going to be grand.


1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most beautiful blog entries i have ever read.:') You guys are seriously awesome parents and parental figures.

    ReplyDelete