Monday, June 11, 2012

CAKE!

My sister and I started a cake decorating class at Michael's last week. Last week we learned how to frost a cake, which is what I wanted to learn more than anything. All the decorating part is a bonus. It's fun and actually kind of relaxing once we get into the lesson. Before and after the lesson I'm ready to run down the customers at the store. I was stressed before class today because I realized we didn't bring everything and then there's stress afterward because we turn to the page to see what we're doing next week and there's all this other stuff to buy!


Keep that in mind - the class costs more than just the cake decorating kit and the class itself. Of course, Michael's doesn't tell you that when you sign up for the class. You find that out once you're already into it. My sister and I are doing our best to share costs and share some of the supplies. 


So, this week I made the frosting and the cakes. I tried my hand at orange cake and it was yummy! I just used a lemon cake recipe when it said lemon I used orange. It was good and made the house smell good. Next week it's cupcakes!


Last week we also had an invention dinner - apple chicken with brown rice and asparagus. I made baked apples and spooned it over the chicken and rice. My invention...it was edible, Pastor Husband said he liked it and that is all that matters to me!


Baked Apple Chicken


Before

After - Sister's Cake
After - My Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment