Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thank Goodness It's Almost Friday

I'm not sure why this week is any different from any other week, but man!, when my sister misses her weekly Tuesday visit...it just makes the rest of the week tough. The last two nights I've been so tired and ready just to drop by time Baby Girl goes to bed - 8:30 p.m. Then that second-mommy wind kicks in and I pick up the toys from the ground, do the last lap around the kitchen, and take any laundry out of the dryer if needed. Sometimes I remember to brush my teeth. 


Anyway, Pastor Husband and I are in the process of eating better. Not dieting. Eating better, which means for us having way more produce on the plate than the carbs we love so much. I bought out Sprouts and loved every second of it. It's fun finding recipes with new and tasty ways to make vegetables and just healthy dinners. I never really cooked unhealthy meals, but we do go out a lot! Way too much. So, this is helping us stay home and leftovers for lunch.


Here are a few of the new creations we've digested:
The before for the crackers...yes, homemade crackers!

The after of my homemade rosemary crackers.



Grated zucchini (from our backyard!) for zucchini bites.


Mini-berry pies from berries I got at the farmer's market this morning.
The zucchini bites came from here: The Curious Country Cook. It was really yummy and the first time I have ever liked zucchini so there will definitely be more of these little guys.

Here is the recipe for the crackers: The Food Faffer. I don't think the blog is still going, but the recipes are still up and the crackers are easy and very good.

The pie - well, that was my idea. An idea that actually worked! Just make the pie pastry with your recipe of choice. Mix whatever berries you like with some sugar and flour. Place the pastry in the wells of a cupcake tin, fill up with berries, place a slab of butter on top of that, and then put more pastry on top of the berries. Put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Tadaa! 

Thank you & Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment