Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Month Eight

I cannot believe Baby Girl is already 8 months old! Today! We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday and Pastor Husband took me to get a manicure and pedicure and the last time I was there I was 8 months pregnant. Time really does pass you by and you don't even realize it until something like that happens. 


I have been told "Happy Mother's Day" before and, last year, a few of my high school girls made me cards (probably because I threatened them) and I do feel like a mother-figure to them. It goes so much more deeper than that though and I don't know how to put it into words. They are that important and special to me. This year, there is a whole new meaning to the word mother. Dare I say, I have empathy for mothers and mothering now? I know I have an understanding that I never had before. It's that way with a lot of things now. I guess, to kind of explain it, it's like when you know Jesus exists, you know the Bible stories, and church happens on the major church-y holidays. You know it, it's there, there is some education behind it; however, when your heart begins to beat with Jesus' heartbeat and when your life follows in His footsteps that He already placed so that you know where to go - well, it makes the earth move and your eyes see different than before. 


That's what Baby Girl has done for me.


Happy Birthday my Love!!







Stats:
Age - 8 months
Weight - 14 pounds-ish

Height - 24 inches
Favorite TV Show - Yo Gabba Gabba (Oh, DJ Lance!)
Favorite Book - The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Favorite Toy - Mono Head (it's a small blanket with a monkey head attached) & The Lorax
Favorite Hobby - Looking cute :) 
Favorite Song - The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Favorite Topic - aliens coming to attack
Favorite Food - Sweet potatoes mixed with bananas and cinnamon (We really like this combo too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment