Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back to Life!

I have learned that a cold has the power of a freight train. Ugh...so sick! First, Baby Girl was sick. Coughing, sneezing, and snot all over the place. She finally started to feel better last Saturday and the every next day, Easter Sunday...WHAMO! It hit me. I hadn't even felt like I was getting sick and then overnight I was a mess. Of course, and if any of you mama's out there know different, please share, the pharmacist said I couldn't take anything because I'm nursing. The symptoms of a cold are the worse. 


After a week of what felt like literally blowing my brains out of my nose, I am finally feeling a bit normal. So, in celebration of somewhat normalcy, I'm making lunch! My husband and baby are at Daddy Bootcamp right now. We found it through Kaiser while I was pregnant and my husband went as a rookie. Then, once Baby Girl was born, he went as a veteran and she is basic training. This morning, she's still basic training, but my husband is teaching the class! I'm so proud of him!


While they are away I finally have some time to pick stuff up around the house, watch the newest episode of The Office, and cook. For lunch we are having pepperoni pizza rolls, brought to you by: Riches to Rags.


The only thing I did different was I used cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Well, I did that for my husband's, not mine. I don't eat cheese. I'm lactose intolerant, but I have never liked cheese. Even as a kid. And melted cheese is the worse possible kind of cheese for me. Yuck! I also added a small slice of mozzarella cheese to the top of  his so that we can tell the difference between the two. In mine I put only once slice of pepperoni and a slice of tomato.


Who can say no to carbs filled with meat and, for you sickos out there (just kidding!), cheese?
Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment