Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"And he marveled because of their unbelief."

A few days ago, after reading a few reviews, I started watching the first season of Downton Abbey. O, am I so in love with this show! I think at times I wish I was British, but since I'm not even close to it I will have to settle with living vicariously through fictional shows about the British.


During the last episode of the season (yes, I'm already done with the first season. Now, what am I to do?) the family installed two telephones in their home. Some of the servants were mystified, even scared of the contraption and others were simply marveling over the invention. I realized with all the technology we have that makes minute changes day-to-day we rarely marvel over anything. We don't sit back in disbelief whether it's in awe or in disgust. New things, for the most part, have become commonplace. It's expected that Apple will turn out a new version of this and that with every passing year. Google will never stop thinking what they can do next. And we are, or at least I am, constantly thinking of what new gadget is needed to make life easier.


Change has become mundane...at least when it comes to the bright and shiny objects.


Marveling, miracles, astonishment is still there, but rather than coming from a telephone it comes from the more natural occurrences of life.


I get so excited when the tomatoes appear on their vine. When I see my first strawberry that my husband planted, I'll probably take a picture of it. Realizing that Baby Girl can sit up straight all on her own is a beautiful sight. When I walk into her room after she wakes up from a nap and she smiles - wonderful! The joy that she brings to others is inspiring. And her birth - any birth of any baby - is truly one of God's most amazing miracles.


Baby Girl's First Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment