Friday, March 30, 2012

The Wonder That Is Me

So, obviously, this blog is to tell you just how crafty I am or the fabulous creations I come up with in the kitchen...wrong!


If I actually craft something, it's because I learned the art of patience for a moment. If I cook something or bake it's because I know how to read the English language. Though I did manage to make a chicken noodle soup without a recipe for the first time a few days ago. Either way, I am not perfect. Motherhood is not perfect. No one has the exact recipe for raising children and everyone has their own way, which works for them. So, I will write about the yummy food we eat and post some craft adventures, but I will also write about the speed bumps along the way.


Here is one that happened a few days ago.


I put the baby on the bed and went to the computer to look up medical insurance stuff - this is ironic, you will see - and I kept turning my chair to check on her. Well, at one point, I heard some kind of noise and it must have been her mid-air, right before she (whoops!) hit the floor, landing her head on The Hunger Games. Thankfully, the book was the paperback version and not hardcover. Also, thankfully, she was fine. I saw her land and she looked up to the bed, where she once was, and then realized she was on the floor. She cried, I think, out of confusion. When I picked her up she stopped crying. 


This happens to every mommy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment